popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: settings  (Read 1744 times)

mafiaprincess

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
settings
« on: July 20, 2014, 06:01:16 AM »
I'm having a problem (who? me?) adding pics to facebook. When I click
Photo button I get Camera Roll. I used to get Gallery. I know I need to change something in Settings but what? Where?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: settings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 08:50:34 AM »
Ah, the "default" application has changed for viewing/opening/editing pictures it sounds like.  What we have to do is reset that preference, so that it asks you again.

First though, let's confirm or check that Camera Roll is the default for everything now.  If you want to edit a picture, add a picture to contacts, view a picture, etc., does that all work properly or does it want to use Camera Roll?  I have to admit I don't have Facebook nor Camera Roll installed, so I can't give definitive steps but just want to confirm the issue.

Resetting individual app preferences is sometimes hit and miss.  I know how to reset ALL preferences so that you are asked for defaults on everything, but I am hazy on how to set an individual one.  Of the top of my head, you go to Settings, Apps, scroll/swipe over to ALL apps, find say, Camera Roll.  Then press Clear Cache and Clear Data, exit and restart the phone.  If that does not work, we can decide on resetting all preferences depending on how much of an issue Camera Roll is to you.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 10:59:33 AM »
Pretty sure it's just facebook. I send attachments with email all the time. Whenever I do I get 3 choices. One is image files which takes me to gallery. It has a different name but it's the same thing. My gallery folders with images in them. After I read this I tried the contacts app. 2 choices. Take picture or use one from gallery.  I looked in ALL APPS but there wasn't anything that said CAMERA ROLL. Just CAMERA.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 11:34:01 AM »
Pretty sure it's just facebook. I send attachments with email all the time. Whenever I do I get 3 choices. One is image files which takes me to gallery. It has a different name but it's the same thing. My gallery folders with images in them. After I read this I tried the contacts app. 2 choices. Take picture or use one from gallery.  I looked in ALL APPS but there wasn't anything that said CAMERA ROLL. Just CAMERA.

Hrm, okay.  Most of the info out on the 'net regarding Camera Roll seems to be related to iOS and not Android.  The only thing I can think of at this point is to delete cache and data in FB (similar to what I described above).  At worst, you will lose your login info and have to log in again, and set a few preferences.  At best, it will allow you to select from your Gallery or Photos again... my best guess anyway.  Good luck.

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 02:20:21 PM »
I won't lose any photos on there now? Posts? Messages? Friends?  Groups?
It's been so long since I had to log on info probably different from what I use now.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2014, 04:12:21 PM »
No, you wouldn't lose anything on your FB account, you are just resetting the data on the FB app on your phone.  However, if you are not sure about your login/pw, then maybe don't risk it.  I remember that you don't have access to a regular PC so getting onto FB to check or change your password might be difficult.