popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: slow loading  (Read 995 times)

mafiaprincess

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
slow loading
« on: October 24, 2014, 03:34:32 AM »
Lately whenever I go to the internet the pages take forever to load. Sometimes I get messages that there's a connection problem. I've always blamed it on the sites but since it happens pretty much all the time I decided it's my phone. Something I've screwed up in Settings? Or browser. I use IE & Chrome. I used to have Firefox but it kept crashing all the time so I got rid of it. Any advice?

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • popularity: 5
    • View Profile
Re: slow loading
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 03:52:23 AM »
I use Chrome as a browser on my phone personally as well.  I've tried basically all of them...firefox, opera, stock...and Chrome is fastest for me.   I'd try  emptying out the cache of your browser and make sure nothing else like other apps or games that might be accessing the internet in the background are running at the same time you're using the browser.  Do a hard reset of the phone and see if it improves.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 03:53:57 AM by Babyfacemagee »
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: slow loading
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:51:02 AM »
I usually don't get those messages when I'm at home or stationary.  I do however, see them when I am on the bus going to/from work.  The reason for that makes sense though (in my case), as I am on a somewhat city-wide wi-fi... BUT coverage is not perfect.  If I am loading pages on mobile data or while on wi-fi, all is fine but if I happen to be loading right while I am going out of wi-fi range but not yet connected to mobile data (or the phone sees a wi-fi node and wants to connect to it), I will see a connection problem message, or problem with the page, or it will load slow as it re-connects to whatever is available.

As for browsers, I am using the stock LG Browser.  I tried Chrome, Firefox, etc. (I don't think there is an IE for Android) but haven't tried Opera, Dolphin or a few others.  I still have Chrome installed but it always irked me that when I open Chrome up (as opposed to clicking on a link), it would not load my home page half the time.  For whatever reason, I never have that problem with the stock browser, so I went back to it.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless