popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Not receiving all calls and texts  (Read 11666 times)

offroadman83

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Not receiving all calls and texts
« on: December 19, 2013, 08:22:02 AM »
New here but I love my g2 so far!  At first I thought I had an issue with the service (tmobile) or something but now I am thinking it must be the phone.  It seems that there are times when my fiancee cannot text or call me (rings twice and goes to voicemail) and they do not go through at all or until minutes to hours later.  I have done some small research on the subject and some people were saying it may be a wifi issue as it usually happens at home when I am on wifi.  For some reason it blocks certain calls and texts.  Sometimes they will go through.  I haven't had a chance to test the wifi off with it yet but I will.  However I hate that I would have to turn off my wifi every stinking time at home just to receive calls and texts!!!!  Has anybody figured this issue out or had that problem?? 

I saw one person on the t-mobile support site that posted the issue and tmobile has not solved here issue..........wonderful. 

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Not receiving all calls and texts
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:26:20 PM »
As you know, T-Mo offers Wi-Fi Calling (something that most other carriers do not).  In reading the D-802 Manual, my suggestion would be to try with Wi-Fi Calling off.  I mean, keep Wi-Fi on but turn Wi-Fi Calling off.

There should be a setting within the Phone application.   Not sure if you need to untick it or if there is a rocker switch to enable or disable it.  While there are three connection options (Wi-Fi Preferred, Cellular Network Preferred and Never Use Cellular Network), there should be an option to turn it off altogether.

This would of course assume that your cell coverage is good enough to do this and that Wi-Fi isn't essential to you to be making calls at all.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 03:14:23 PM »
Here are the instructions to turn Wi-Fi Calling on (taken from the T-Mobile USA website).  To turn it off, I guess do the opposite and turn the "Wi-Fi Calling Switch" off.

Turn on Wi-Fi calling

To turn on Wi-Fi calling, follow these steps:

If this is the first time you are using Wi-Fi calling, start with registering your 911 address and connection preference (above).
    Turn on Wi-Fi and connect to a network.
    From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Tap System settings.
    Under 'WIRELESS & NETWORKS,' tap Call.
    Scroll down to and tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn on.

Wi-Fi Calling is supposed to ... well, do what it says.  This includes text messaging when this was called "UMA" (Unlicenced Mobile Access), which only T-Mobile, Rogers Wireless and Cincinatti Bell had in North America.  However (speaking as a Rogers user who was on UMA but now isn't), sometimes the UMA infrastructure would go down; and when that happens, no one on the network can make Wi-Fi calls or receive text messages.  Inbound calls and texts would react as if you were out of network coverage (which, in a way, you were if you were set to Wi-Fi Preferred).  Some devices would detect that UMA was down and switch over to cellular for calls/text while remaining on Wi-Fi for data (Wi-Fi calling / UMA icon would disappear) but not all.  I am not sure for LG devices.

If turning Wi-Fi Calling off improves things, we've gotten somewhere.  If no change with Wi-Fi Calling off, turn it back on later after you are satisfied that things did not improve and that texts/calls are still delayed.

Good luck.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

offroadman83

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »
I have actually already turned it off and it did not help....................Really hate this but oh well I guess its tmobile's way of me using up the data lol

offroadman83

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 09:03:31 AM »
Well yesterday my best friend called and left a message but I had wifi turned off as it seems to help me receive the calls from my fiance as well as her messages.  Well I never got them til I got home and I turned on wifi and they came through.  However with wifi on at home I do not get the calls and messages from my fiancee or brother.................what the hell????

machho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 04:26:46 AM »
Hi,

I have a similar problem of Calls and texts not being received, This has nothing to do with the Wi-fi enabled or disabled. Every morning this happens, no calls and texts are received unless I make a call or send a text, then the phone works fine for the entire day. Again next morning the same issue, unless I call or text someone.
It seems to be a phone issue.

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 08:43:45 AM »
I've had something like that too. Phone in stand-by. Just sitting on table. Not bothering anybody. Pick it up. No notifications of anything in status bar. Open email to send message & I get notification of messages waiting. Just assume it has something to do with Sprint. I constantly get error messages like NO INTERNET CONNECTION  SERVER UNAVAILABLE   CHECK INTERNET CONNECTION. The list goes on. My fault I guess. Should've told Sprint to take a hike.

louptech

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 11:53:07 PM »
Same problem here.  Inbound calls going to voicemail 50% of the time.  Old HTC G2 wifi calling was rock solid everywhere.  No problems with my wifi network, outgoing calls work 100% of the time.  Problem is inbound caller is immediately sent to voicemail, then phone is immediately notified of voicemail.  Have talked to over 20 people at T-Mobile with no improvement.  Not sure if the problem is the soft switch or LG's port of the WiFi calling app, but either way it is extremely unreliable and very hard to receive calls when on WiFi.  Considering just returning the phone to try the latest Samsung phone since people I've talked to with that phone say it works just fine.

Bookworm

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 04:41:20 PM »
Hi all. I just activated my new G2 today and was having the same problem. I went into settings, then Network & Tethering, then Mobile Networks, then System Select. In Network Mode, I switched it from Global to LTE/CDMA, then restarted the phone. All calls and texts are coming in, now. I hope this helps y'all!