popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Best screen protector for the G2?  (Read 2601 times)

Ruthie

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Best screen protector for the G2?
« on: January 13, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »
I'm looking for a good but inexpensive case for my phone. Between myself and a couple other people, we've put on (and messed up in the "short" run at least 5 screen protectors, 2 of them being IQ Shield...so I'm desperate. I saw this one on Amazon, but wasn't sure how it stacked up:
http://amzn.com/B00FDYSK82
The thing that attracts me is the "Free Replacement Program. So, if I screw it up, I can get another one for free. I hope that's it. Other companies make you pay an exorbitant fee for shipping/handling to replace one, even if it's defective. Not something I want to ever deal with again. Another I'm looking at is:
http://amzn.com/B00ESOMYXU
I like it mainly because it says "anti-air bubbles," though I know it probably means they use what they think is a better squeegee thing to push them out.
I am very much open to other ideas though, so thanks in advance for anything anyone can recommend. Thanks all!!!

Ruthie Rayne Clark

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Best screen protector for the G2?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 10:17:38 PM »
I can't offer advice on a screen protector, as I haven't bought one for my G2, however I am using the one that came with it.  I have tried them on my previous devices but I suck at putting them on (crooked and bubbles galore).

That said, I would lean towards getting one with either cutouts for, or one that doesn't cover the proximity/light sensor. Many G2 users have had problems with Knock On / Knock Off when a screen protector that covers the proximity/light sensor.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

nash211

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 10:27:21 AM »
iShieldz screen protector is the best I have found, expensive but worth it.

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 05:14:30 AM »
Are there any that make it possible to see the screen when I'm outside? Thought the one I have was supposed to do that but it doesn't.

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 04:59:22 AM »
Still no info on my original question. I can't see ANYTHING on screen if I'm outside. I've been using camera a lot - or trying to. When I hold up my phone to take pic I just can't see anything!  Sometimes  get reflection of myself & whatever else is behind. But usually screen just looks dark. Can't see to make calls or read messages.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 06:30:10 AM »
Almost all smartphone screens will be difficult to read in direct sunlight; although some will be better than others.  The G2, as you may have noticed, is easier to read outside than the SG3 was, for example.  This is because IPS displays are different from AMOLED displays (a bit much to get into here but different technologies).

When you are outside taking pics, is the camera in landscape mode, and are you wearing polarized sunglasses?  It's been confirmed that the G2 display uses polarized glass (with vertical polarity) and polarized sunglasses also have vertical polarity; so turning the G2 sideways means the lines/polarity is horizontal, making the screen appear to be black.  The same thing would occur if you happened to turn your head sideways while in a car with your sunglasses on (not that anyone would do that while driving, but you can test it yourself).
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 05:23:48 AM »
That makes sense. I wear sunglasses all the time. Even on cloudy days. To keep pollen & other junk from irritating my eyes. It doesn't do a lot but I think it helps some.  But I take my sunglasses off to take pictures. I use my phone in landscape pretty much all time. Unless I'm talking on it. When I take pictures I noticed a little difference when I switch to portrait. I thought it was just me. But if the sun's bright I can't see my screen at all. Portrait or landscape. I thought maybe there were some screen protectors out there that would help.