August 17, 2017, 07:10:26 PM

collapse

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

Ledger Wallet protects your bitcoins

Author Topic: Lost Android Contacts by accident!  (Read 7176 times)

Lamberdee

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Lost Android Contacts by accident!
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
I was composing a message and the phone got stuck when I was about to select the recipients. (Wanted to group send message so thatís why I was not answering directly.) After waiting for a while the phone was still not responding then I forced to shut down and turned it on again. Okay I again edited the same text and tap to choose receivers. Good grief! NO CONTACTS! EMPTY! Why? What happened?

I first tried to sync Gmail contacts back to my HTC, however when I logged in to Gmail and it was the same! NO CONTACTS!

Long story short, I finally found Myjad Android Contact Recovery which seems to be useful because I want simply the contacts. So is there anyone tried successfully restoring lost contacts with this program? Any advice? Many thanks!

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Lost Android Contacts by accident!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:20:50 AM »
I have not tried that application, so can't provide insight as to it's success.

So, previously the contacts were present in Gmail but now, in addition to being gone from your phone, they are also gone from Gmail?

There is a "Restore Contacts" option in Gmail.  If you go to Gmail, click Contacts, and then the "More" button, there is an option to Restore Contacts.  The description is as follows:

"You can restore your contact list to the state it was at any point within the past 30 days.  This is a great way to recover deleted contacts, undo an import, or undo a merge."

You can restore to 10 minutes ago, 1 hour ago, yesterday, 1 week ago or custom (selectable days, hours, minutes).

Once restored, presumably you can re-sync these contacts back to your device.

Good luck and let us know if this worked.

Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

NikitaAlcott

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »
did you go to a desktop computer and log into your gmail account? That is, IF you had your contacts in the Gmail account and not the phone address book...Maybe you can restore your contact.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:39:53 PM by NikitaAlcott »

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 08:26:30 AM »
Yes, I guess I wasn't clear that my contact restore procedure posted above was meant to all be done from your PC browser on your gmail account.  Sorry for the confusion.

msam8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 07:00:51 AM »
I'm not sure if I was misunderstood. All contacts on google account are there and when I used my LG G2 for the first time, logged into my gmail & synced my contacts, I've got all contacts copied from gmail to phone with no problems.

What I really need is simply having my phone stores all future contacts I create on my phone stored on gmail by default without me having to select this option myself every time I create a new contact (since it defaults to my phone memory for some reason no matter what).

If the "no badge" issue and the other "contact" issue can be resolved with the Kitkat version (by the end of March as mentioned by LG officials) then I can wait as long as they will be fixed at a certain point in future but I'm quite worried that these 2 silly problems will be inherited to Kitkat after upgrade (I've got this feeling from the Windows OS experience where upgrading a problematic OS to a newer OS will likely make the newer OS inherit the old problems unless a complete format and fresh install are made)

Thanks a lot for all your patience and kind support...

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2014, 07:22:32 AM »
msam8, did you reply to the wrong post?  I had understood what you describe but this reply was to a different poster who had lost his/her contacts altogether.

felicitewalker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2014, 02:34:49 AM »
Did either of you recently disable any facet of your GMail account? By default, the contacts displayed in the People app are tied to your GMail and I'm not sure what might happen if you disable the account but it seems possible that they would be removed from your phone.

Go to Settings -> Accounts -> Google and tap on your GMail address which should be at the top of the list. Is "Contacts" checked? Is "People details" checked?

The second way to recover lost Android contacts is using Android Data Recovery, it is professional and really efficient.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 08:04:43 PM by felicitewalker »

Jasonking

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 09:03:48 PM »
I think you can try to use professional Android data recovery software to recover  lost contacts from Android phone .

Beatrice22

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2014, 02:01:33 AM »
iPubsoft Android SMS+Contacts Recovery is a professional SMS messages recovery tool it can undelete all your lost text messages. Except SMS messages, SMS recovery pro also is capable of restoring book phones. In addition, it is easy to use, even if you are computer novice, you can get all your deleted text messages successfully.
How to retrieve the contact from lg phone ?

liamhudson

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 02:45:43 AM »
It depends entirely on the type of phone you have. If you have an Android phone, your contacts should be backed up on your Gmail account, so you might try logging in on a computer terminal and seeing if they are there. There are similar backup utilities for iOS, and even Blackberry and WebOS!

If you have a regular cellphone, you're probably out of luck; you would know if you were enrolled in a backup service offered by your carrier. If you aren't, you might check with a local repair center if you've been to one recently, to see if they have your contacts backed up from any service work they performed.

Short of this, you could use an old/spare phone that you used to use to restore lost Android contacts, since they would still be on that old phone. And lastly, log into your account on the cell provider's website, and you should at least be able to see a detailed call history - and recover the actual phone numbers from there!

tammydisuza

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 03:51:10 AM »
Android contact deletion is such a difficult situation for any user, but it becomes easy when you have backup of your contacts. But sometimes due to any reason user gets unable to restore backup file, to avoid such situation use android contacts recovery tool and restore contact without backup file. 

Kiyomi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2014, 04:07:58 AM »
Try to scan your backup files. Otherwise download a third party sofwtare.

To begin with, you need take a look at this:

Easy Way to Recover Deleted Contacts from LG Optimus

lily415

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 02:26:41 AM »
You'd better stop your phone immediately, and connect it to the computer via USB cable, then use a third-party data recovery tool to recover deleted contacts from Android phone.
Lily, editor from Shenzhen, China. Interested in writing. Hope to share ideas on computer and technology.

Site: http://www.itunesextractor.com

lisaab

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 02:20:17 AM »
To recover lost android phone conacts, you may need an android data recovery app to help.
I've found some useful guides for you:

Recover Deleted Phone Numbers from Android Phone
Easy Way to Recover Deleted Contacts from Android Phone

PhilomenaAdams

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 03:09:03 AM »
The best way to recover data from htc android phone is to use android data recovery software. you may refer to this step by step guide that helped me before: android data recovery
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 03:23:49 AM by PhilomenaAdams »