popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Charging issues  (Read 1023 times)

MissCalamity

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Charging issues
« on: February 17, 2014, 02:54:06 AM »
Hi all,

I had a flick through previous posts so I know this has been brought up before but I wanted a bit more info. I recently dropped my phone and cracked the screen :( luckily it was insured and it was replaced for me. When the phone returned (same hadset not replaced) the chargeing port seemed to be re-registering the charger and the little charging icon kept pushing up the screen so I couldn't use it. I phoned the insurance company and sent it back to be fixed again. It came back and seemed to be working ok but I was fully charged so I didnt plug it in. I plugged it in last night to charge as it was at 30% and when I woke up it was on 50% and saying it would take another 30+ hours to fully charge. Since then it has steadily been going down, normally it would only use about 50% in a day of full use. I plugged it in again at work but the battery carried on going down decpite it saying it was charging.
I am pretty sure I am using the original charging cable and plug as I dont think I ever seperated them but now I am questioning it but not sure how to check?
My other option is to send it back to the insurance company again and see what they say. I had no charging problems before the screen was damaged.

Many thanks for any help

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Charging issues
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:02:58 PM »
I don't have any advice other that what you've probably already read at this point. The stock charger should read 5V and 1.8A model number MCS-04WR2, and the stock cable should be thick and have writing on the side of it, such as SWM 30V STYLE 20851 (this is just some of the text, not all of it).  The cable should be flat black with shiny black connectors on either end.  Note that the charger and cable MAY vary by carrier, but in our house we have two G2's, and they are the same but both are from the same carrier.

If you have a case on the phone, ensure that the cable connector goes in all the way.  If not, try plugging it in with the case removed just to see if the issue is that the cable connector does not plug into the phone all the way with the case on.

Let's start there and see what your charger and cable are.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless