August 17, 2017, 05:47:04 AM

collapse

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

Ledger Wallet protects your bitcoins

Author Topic: USB accessories with your G2. (printers, game controllers, hard drives)  (Read 1393 times)

superjoseph1982

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Not everyone knows that your G2 has USB OTG(on the go). It allows your phone to act as host for usb, meaning you can connect a number of devices like a wired mouse or keyboard, a flash drive, a printer, a USB hub to connect multiple devices, or even a wired xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 controller. All you need is a micro USB male to USB female adapter (for like $2.00). For devices that require more power than your phone can give, they have an adapter with a sepperate power cord.

pag75017

• View Profile
And slimport, but not with USB.

superjoseph1982

• View Profile
I've heard of people using slimport and usb hubs. It might need to be the newer adapters, slimport 2.0. I am waiting on my accessories to test. I hope I can get it to work. Might have to be a powered usb hub.

DattKiddKFC

• View Profile
What about MHL?

superjoseph1982

• View Profile
No MHL for the G2. Slimport is like a competing company. Slimport is like a version of display port. It is supposed to use less power from your phone, you can still charge while connected and I think you can still run usb devices while connected (my slimport shows up Thursday) .

superjoseph1982

• View Profile
So, I paid $20 for the slimport adapter from Amazon.  It's ok, not great. It runs 1080p and works most of the time until it begins to randomly cut out. I suspect it's because of the low price, maybe it's a knock off. Also it won't allow usb after the slimport. Hopefully the better model works better.