popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: G2 enhancements Oct 2014 - fault with sound  (Read 839 times)

pastelten

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
G2 enhancements Oct 2014 - fault with sound
« on: October 27, 2014, 06:39:03 AM »
I am in the UK and I bought a G2 this year and it was great but a fault developed with CONTACTS in that new ones would not display in the main list but went straight to GROUPS > OTHER CONTACTS.  LG advised a 'hard factory reset' as I had all ready backed up.  The phone would not do this and other faults then developed whereby KNOCKON failed and screen freezing.   I cured that by a 'soft reset' via SETTINGS and restored my data.
My wife liked the phone so much that she bought identical and it was fine until she received a notification to install ENHANCEMENTS (a software update). After this update the phone immediately developed a fault with SOUND in that it goes to mute all the time and will not adjust.  I believe this is caused by the QUIET MODE kicking in without any action by her.  In fact the notification bar shows QUIET MODE as ON but the SETTINGS toggle shows OFF.   I now realise that the problems on my phone were also initiated by this ENHANCEMENT update.    Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?   

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: G2 enhancements Oct 2014 - fault with sound
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 07:26:17 AM »
I haven't heard of any update referred to as the "enhancement update", however, I am not in the UK so that could be it.

The wife and I also both have G2's (although I just very recently changed to the G3), we have had only one update: from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 and no others.  While google pushes Android updates to LG, LG makes changes and tests, and then pushes them to the carriers, and then each carrier will test and make/request changes and will release to end users.  So what we all may end up getting may have originated the same, they end up very different in the end (carrier bloatware, stuff enabled/disabled, etc.).

Sorry I could not be directly helpful, hopefully a UK user can chime in.  Which carrier are you with in the UK?  And what model G2 (just to be sure)?
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

pastelten

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: G2 enhancements Oct 2014 - fault with sound
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 03:11:57 AM »
Thank you for your response.   We are both with TALKMOBILE.co.uk and both models are D802.
The 'update' arrived in the notification area but now I am wondering if it was some malware disguised as an update.   I contacted LG UK and they did not seem to recognise this fault and advised a 'hard factory reset'   No matter how I tried, being careful with step-by-step instructions, my phone just would not enter the reset window and I had to settle for a 'soft reset', the QUIET MODE and SOUND seems all right now but my wife's phone was exactly the same but still has the SOUND fault.