popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Drivers won't install F320S  (Read 10409 times)

waygookin

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Drivers won't install F320S
« on: December 03, 2013, 02:21:25 PM »
I have tried to connect my brand new (bought tonight) LG G2 F320S to my computer to update the OS. (kitkat should be available here in SK)

It won't automatically install the drivers. I have downloaded new drivers at the LG site. I have installed PC suite. I have gone to the device manager and tried to repair or update the drivers there. Also, I updated the PC suite on the phone itself. Nothing is working and it won't connect to the computer. Any ideas? Not looking like a great choice so far. (never had problems with my samsung galaxy phone) Thanks.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Drivers won't install F320S
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
Hi, just to confirm, the USB drivers you installed are similar to those found below, yes?

http://g2-lg.com/lg-g2-android-usb-drivers-pc-sync-software-pc-suite-lg-osp/

What computer and OS?
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

waygookin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »
Yes, correct. I used those drivers.

I am using a Dell XPS 15 laptop with Windows 7 premium (64 bit I believe)

Thank you.

waygookin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 02:52:25 PM »
It will install the drivers for media sync, tethering, send images (ptp) but not for LG Software.

waygookin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 03:51:03 PM »
Also, it is now saying that "Bluetooth Peripheral Device"  drivers won't install either. -_-

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
Hrm, okay.  I've had trouble in the past with USB before in general; not sure if it's coincidence or not but it was always on slower PC's in my case.

K, so when you hook up the G2 to your PC, does it make the "usb device connected" sound?

Are you plugged into a USB 2.0+ port on the actual PC, and not a hub or a USB port on the monitor or keyboard, etc.?

Are you using the stock USB cable that came with your LG G2, as opposed to a generic cable?

Are you using a USB extension cable?

Assuming some of the above, do you see your device at all in My Computer?

Does the device react with either a popup (what would you like to do, connect as media device, charge only, etc.) or show a Slow Charging icon in the notification area?

Can any other devices connect to your computer, such as a digital camera, memory stick, etc.?

Can you try on another PC, such as a laptop?

Sorry for the noobie questions, no insult intended -- I can tell you are familiar with devices and tech, just want to eliminate the obvious.  :)

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »
Woops, just read that it's the LG desktop software that you're having trouble with -- sorry (left my reply intact in case it may help others in the future).

TBH, I haven't installed the LG Software myself (LG PC Suite).

Are there any apps installed on your phone that are running (i.e. music player) at the time you connect?  Have you tried a reboot and then connect to the PC when fresh?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 05:45:12 PM by Klotar »

waygookin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 05:44:43 PM »
Hrm, okay.  I've had trouble in the past with USB before in general; not sure if it's coincidence or not but it was always on slower PC's in my case.

K, so when you hook up the G2 to your PC, does it make the "usb device connected" sound?

Yes, it makes the sound and says that it is installing drivers.

Are you plugged into a USB 2.0+ port on the actual PC, and not a hub or a USB port on the monitor or keyboard, etc.?

Yes, I am plugged into my actual computer and it should be 2.0 or even 3.0 on the USB.

Are you using the stock USB cable that came with your LG G2, as opposed to a generic cable?

Yes, I just purchased it last night and it is the cable that came in the box. It seems kinda flimsy/loose though.

Are you using a USB extension cable?

No extensions.

Assuming some of the above, do you see your device at all in My Computer?

Actually, I didn't check that  :-\

Does the device react with either a popup (what would you like to do, connect as media device, charge only, etc.) or show a Slow Charging icon in the notification area?

Yes, it says USB debugger is working and the USB icon is shown. Also, says slow charging.

Can any other devices connect to your computer, such as a digital camera, memory stick, etc.?

Yes, I have never had this problem before. I will check again when I get home but nothing has ever done this.

Can you try on another PC, such as a laptop?

Just tried on my work pc, same issue.

Sorry for the noobie questions, no insult intended -- I can tell you are familiar with devices and tech, just want to eliminate the obvious.  :)

No problem I feel like I am missing something so simple b/c I would think a new phone and windows 7 device would sync easily but guess I am wrong haha.

waygookin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2013, 05:45:46 PM »
Woops, just read that it's the LG desktop software that you're having trouble with -- sorry (left my reply intact in case it may help others in the future).

TBH, I haven't installed the LG Software myself (LG PC Suite).

Well I installed it after I tried to get the phone to do it. I thought the phone would automatically install something similar for files transfers, OS updates, etc. But, it didn't work either.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2013, 06:01:17 PM »
OK, just got caught up on the replies.  I found a 5-page post of people having trouble with LG PC Suite.  It is an older post so based on older model LG devices but by around page 4 they seem to have solved their issue.  Might be worth a look, as I'm baffled now.

http://www.mygreatphone.com/forum/problems-issues/6109-lg-pc-suite-cant-find-phone.html

As you probably know, plugging the phone into a USB port without installing drivers first -- you will get that whirly installing drivers for your device thing; which installs generic drivers but since you've installed the LG USB drivers, everything should theoretically be okay, connectivity wise.

I get the slow charging message when plugging into my PC's USB ports too (at home and work).  USB 2.0 is 500 mA but 3.0 is 900 mA, I  think?

Anyways, have a look at that thread, hopefully something helpful in there... good luck!

waygookin

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2013, 06:26:28 PM »
OK, just got caught up on the replies.  I found a 5-page post of people having trouble with LG PC Suite.  It is an older post so based on older model LG devices but by around page 4 they seem to have solved their issue.  Might be worth a look, as I'm baffled now.

http://www.mygreatphone.com/forum/problems-issues/6109-lg-pc-suite-cant-find-phone.html

As you probably know, plugging the phone into a USB port without installing drivers first -- you will get that whirly installing drivers for your device thing; which installs generic drivers but since you've installed the LG USB drivers, everything should theoretically be okay, connectivity wise.

I get the slow charging message when plugging into my PC's USB ports too (at home and work).  USB 2.0 is 500 mA but 3.0 is 900 mA, I  think?

Anyways, have a look at that thread, hopefully something helpful in there... good luck!

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I am going to an LG service center tonight as well after work. Hopefully they can solve it there but I will look at that thread as well.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 07:33:09 AM »
Just checking in to see how you made out; I saw that you posted on a number of other boards -- hope you got a reply or solved your issue.

To summarize, the drivers all seem to be working now but the PC Suite (PC Sync) application does not recognize your device, is that correct?  LG's PC Suite is comparable to Samsung's Kies (in that it syncs music and files, does backups but also allows you to upgrade your device OS instead of doing it OTA), does that sum up what PC Suite does? (As mentioned earlier, I haven't installed this application).

I had a similar problem with Kies when I had my S3, while it would eventually recognize my device (after a bunch of connect/disconnect sounds), it was very slow to connect.  However, I had a slow PC by today's standards.  Then, one Kies upgrade caused a problem so I had to uninstall, roll back to a previous version and then when I later upgraded Kies, everything worked great -- no clue why.