popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: time and date  (Read 5169 times)

mousa

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
time and date
« on: December 28, 2013, 08:39:29 AM »
hi,

i just got my phone few days ago and i noticed that the time & date freeze when i turn the phone off, so the next day i find the date of the previous day an incorrect time which is usually around the time when it was turned off . this happens every day as i usually turn the phone off over night. i had many different mobiles and never faced such an issue.

can anyone help, thanks.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: time and date
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »
I have read about this on other forums.  Date/Time seems to be okay if the G2 is only off for an hour but if longer than that, it seems to go to the last time the device was on (or something like that).  Setting the time to auto update may help but from what I have read it does not.

Most of us do not shut off our phones for for many, it is not an issue.

Clocksync is a free app in the play store that you might have a look at.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mousa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2013, 03:26:26 AM »
Thank you Klotar, but this is something that we should ask LG to fix and include the next update as no other phones have this kind of issue, as long as you keep the battery in the phone, the date and time continue to count normally. this is weird, why LG decided to make it this way!!!

thanks.

paladin_k20

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 03:17:08 PM »
Hi,
I have the same problem. I turned on and off "Automatic time zone" and "Automatic date & time" many times but nothing happened. Does anyone else have this problem? Did you find a solution?

robshr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 07:12:33 PM »
You could have ended up with some corrupted data try clearing the data for the clock go into setting the app manager then go to all apps scroll down to clock click on it and clear the data then reboot

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 07:25:42 AM »
TBH, I don't think it is that.

On most devices, the battery will keep the date and time (since it takes very little power to do so), but for some reason, this is not true on the G2.  If the G2 is powered down for a day or more, when it is restarted, it will have the incorrect date and time.  It does not lose the time and display Jan 1, 1989 or anything -- it displays the last date and time it was on.  Maybe it's a feature, LOL!

Now, there are apps out there that purport to sync time (not specifically for the G2 but Android in general).  The problem is that most of these apps require ROOT, or use the GPS to sync via the world time clock BUT on a cold restart, the GPS will take time to get a fix (and by that time, it's likely the date/time has corrected itself via the cellular network), OR it doesn't run on device startup.

What would be ideal is an app that does not require root, runs on startup, and sets the date/time when it connects to the carrier network.  The app below looks promising but I haven't tried it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unicorn.timesync

It's free, doesn't require root, but several years old, no reviews and not many ratings.  Also no indication if it runs on startup.  Most of the others I glanced at require root.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 07:57:05 AM by Klotar »
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless