popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Hello and may I slip in my first two questions?  (Read 607 times)

LGTilley

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Hello and may I slip in my first two questions?
« on: January 01, 2014, 06:57:55 PM »
Hi, bought myself a G2 just before Christmas, having had a Galaxy S (1) for a couple of years.  I loved my S, but it was just getting slower and slower and more and more crashy with each software upgrade.  Quite impressed with the G2, but still getting used to it.  Annoyances are mostly things being in different places now, but I expect this new devil will soon become an "old devil you know."

Here's a couple.  I'll figure out where the correct section to post these to is if they're not easy to answer here:

1) The LED notification illumination light is interesting.  I have figured out how to kill it, and prob may do when I get tired of it suddenly lighting up my bedroom like a disco in the middle of the night.  But before I do:  What is the significance of the different colours?  I'm guessing it's one for an SMS, and something else for a Facebook message or something, but where is the key?

2) Sometimes when I wake the phone - it seems to be at critical fumbling moments like when I am in the garden in the pitch black trying to activate the phone to use my Flashlight app - instead of getting the swipe screen or the home screen, I get a really annoying screen with a large + sign and the invitation "Swipe to add widgets".  (I'm usually one handed at this point struggling not to drop my house keys in the mud.)  I only get out of this screen by random fiddling or switching off and on again.  How am I getting to this screen by accident?  How do I get out of it?  Can I disable it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • popularity: 5
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and may I slip in my first two questions?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting your g2. It's a fantastic device. As you guessed, This board is only for introductions and posting questions here just makes extra work for the mods. Please re post your questions in the appropriate boards. Thanks,
Admin
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

LGTilley

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hello and may I slip in my first two questions?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »
Will do.