popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Strange letters over my music  (Read 1556 times)

LGTilley

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Strange letters over my music
« on: January 21, 2014, 05:41:35 PM »
Hi, when I transferred some music to my LG G2 ( I used the LG PC Suite) I ended up with strange letters (Korean? Chinese?) superimposed on the song and artist names.  Please see attached screenshots.  No idea why.  Is there a fix?

LGTilley

• View Profile
Re: Strange letters over my music
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 05:48:09 PM »

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:37:21 PM »
Wow, no idea.  If you edit the songs using the Music player (long press, Details, and then edit the fields), does it correct the issue or does the first letter change to a foreign character?

When you installed the LG PC Suite, did it ask for a language?  I don't have it installed myself so can't check.  But PC Suite is available in ten languages, however I didn't see Korean or Chinese listed.

Is your home PC set for a odd locale or language?  (I suspect not, but thought I'd ask).

LG PC Suite is available for download from a number of sites, many seem safe (Softonic, etc.) but may be out of date.  You could try downloading the latest one from here: http://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/software-manuals

(The above link is .ca but there is probably one for your carrier/country; and although the link says manuals it takes you to the download link).

But wow, that is baffling indeed.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

LGTilley

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 06:48:27 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts.  I just transferred my entire music collection, allowing songs that I already had on the phone to be overwritten.  That seems to have solved the problem of the curious glyph,  Can't see it now.

Any idea why I cannot see album cover art?  I just see squares (tiles?) with generic fractal type patterns above each album title.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 07:27:04 AM »
Glad you got the main issue... er, mystery solved.

As for the album art, for me it's always been hit or miss as to whether the art, which appears fine on my PC, will appear properly on my phone.  This is across multiple devices (BlackBerry, Samsung, LG).  Some applications store the album art, along with other metadata info in a separate file that tracks all songs indexed by that application.  Other applications store the album art and metadata info right inside the music file itself (which is required in order for album art to appear properly on any device or platform).

I have never found a solution, other than to painfully use an app to edit each mp3 tag and add/correct fields and add the album art manually.  For Android devices, I have been using a player called "PlayerPro" (available in the App Store), which not only is a great music/video player in it's own right but also has powerful mp3 tag editing capabilities.  Still, that can be a lot of work depending on the amount of music one has.

There are also stand-alone freeware mp3 tag editors out there where you can edit the files on your PC (but not sure if they can also add album art).  I used PlayerPro to fix up all my tags and add missing art (kinda cool that it will go out and find the art for you on the internet based on existing tags (artist, album) or make a "guess" for you if you prefer.

I should make a note that I also never use a sync / suite to manage my music (such as LG PC Suite, Samsung Keis, or BlackBerry Desktop Manager), I always just drag and drop into folders; so those apps don't have a chance to convert the music files.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

LGTilley

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 06:35:13 PM »
Thanks again for your thoughts.  Sounds like too much work.  The album art all transferred across by magic on my old Galaxy S.  Oh well.  LG G2 is pretty good, but it's no perfect.