popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: capture plus  (Read 3537 times)

mafiaprincess

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
capture plus
« on: January 24, 2014, 02:33:43 AM »
This is a really cool feature. I just don't get it. On the video when Tony(?) demonstrates the image on the phone is different from mine. He has this nice large image that's really easy to see. It almost takes up the whole screen. When i do it on my phone i get this tall skinny image that's impossible to see. At least for my eyes. Is it something in settings? Thought maybe it had something to do with pages we're looking at. But seems like all of mine are like that no matter page.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: capture plus
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 06:55:11 AM »
I had my stock browser disabled (I use Chrome instead), and since Capture Plus is only a feature in the stock browser, I re-enabled it.

I was able to capture the entire screen and view it full size afterwards.

Did you need to resize the blue boxes?  I will look into it more and post later if I find out anything.

Edit: are the captures being done in landscape and viewed in portrait?  Unlikely but I thought I'd ask.  What about viewing normal pictures, do these look okay or are they stretched/shrunk also?  I am thinking it may somehow be a picture viewing setting rather than a problem with Capture Plus.

Edit2: I agree that Capture Plus is a great way to... ah, capture, web pages and such but you might also consider trying Quick Memo.  I won't go into detail (you can look in your manual) but it will capture your entire screen and save it as a picture just like Capture Plus, except Quick Memo works anywhere (web browser, viewing a picture, desktop, within an app, while in your camera, basically anywhere!).  Just ensure that Quick Memo is part of your Quick Access items toolbar (viewed when pulling down the notification bar), so that where ever you are at and you decide you want to capture (screenshot) the picture, you can just pull down the notification bar, select Quick Memo, and save the shot to your Gallery.  I use it often if I want to show off my desktop or report bugs to app authors, or even to demonstrate something (e.g. someone asks me to describe what I am seeing on my G2, and so instead of writing everything down, I capture the screen).  Quick Memo sounds more like a note taking app, which it can be, but I primarily use it for screenshots -- if it works for you (save to Gallery and not Notebook) in full size screens, use that instead of Capture Plus and you'll soon forget about Capture Plus!

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:41:36 AM by Klotar »
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2014, 02:42:47 AM »
MANUAL?! But you're right. I've never even tried Quick Memo. I just forget it's there. I tried Chrome also. Wasn't impressed. AND no Capture Plus. But with Quick Memo might give it another try. I'm gonna try Quick Memo right now. How do you disable browser?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2014, 09:08:53 AM »
Did you not get the manual I sent?

As for the stock browser, there is no need to disable it like I did.  You can just start using another browser instead.  If you have to reset your preferred browser, there is a way to do that (i.e. when clicking a link in an email, it will open your preferred browser).  I'll try to look that up and post back.

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 01:15:33 AM »
Quick memo is cool! Guess I won't be using capture plus anymore. Now I'm confused about browsers. I tried Chrome but didn't think it was any better. Also couldn't use Capture Plus. So I went back to stock . I know I'm crazy & electronically challenged. But I'm sure Chrome wasn't installed on phone initially. I downloaded later. Now I want to get rid of it but when I tried to uninstall like other apps I wasn't given option. So I went to Settings➡Apps➡Chrome. Do I just disable? Will app just stay in the background? It can't be uninstalled?

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 01:37:03 AM »
And I did get manual. Thanks. I'm  just old school. I'd like one in print that I can hold in my hand & refer to & read whenever I want. 5-6 months after I got my s3 I found one at bookstore called MY SAMSUNG GALAXY S III by Steve Schwartz. I's over 500 pages of info. It was really helpful. I guess some things in it are universal not exclusive to s3. But it's stuff I don't know. I've figured out some things about g2 from that book.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
Ah, okay.  I don't know of any G2 books out there yet.  While I personally feel the G2 is better than the S3/S4, it probably does not yet have the popularity to warrant a book.  As you've found out, a lot of what you learned with the S3 book applies to the G2 as they are both Android based devices.  While there are G2-specific features and S3-specific features (and different places to look for the same settings on each device), I think for the most part you are more savvy than you give yourself credit for, just by your familiarity with the S3.

To uninstall Chrome, you can probably just do it from the Play Store (although the path you took should do it also).  Actually I just looked and you'd have to uninstall updates, etc. first.  Much easier to do it from the Play Store.

Open the Play Store, click the Play Store "bar" (with the 3 horizontal lines next to the words Play Store), Click My Apps, and scroll down to Chrome Browser - Google.  There should be two buttons, Open and Uninstall. 

The latest version of Chrome now has data compression (uses less data for minimal speed sacrifice, I haven't noticed any performance loss).  But if you are on unlimited data, then data use doesn't really matter.