popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: entering text  (Read 1416 times)

mafiaprincess

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
entering text
« on: February 01, 2014, 04:23:38 AM »
What signals end of sentence when entering text? Whenever i use ( ) in a text the next letter is always capitalized. I'm usually in the middle of a sentence so i have to backspace & re-type. Annoying.

nash211

• View Profile
Re: entering text
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:03:56 AM »
Settings-language and input-LG keyboard-word suggestion  once in there un ckeck either advanced word suggestion or auto correction

just click the setting symbol beside each above to get there.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 07:28:58 AM »
Alternatively, you can also turn off Auto Capitalization.  The trade off is that when you actually end a sentence to begin another, you'd have to manually shift to capitalize.

You might also look at 3rd party keyboard apps.  While the basic premise is the same on most keyboard apps, many have other features that you may find handy.  For example, one thing I missed from my BlackBerry days is 'autotext' -- this is akin to a macro that you can create to save commonly used phrases and keystrokes; e.g. type "ph" and a space will expand to my full phone number, or "adr" and a space might expand to my full mailing address.  Other features of keyboard apps include custom dictionaries.  I like custom dictionaries because some keyboard apps that purport to learn seem to always learn my mistakes and typos, or always seem to get some acronym that you use often wrong because it's not a word.  With a custom dictionary, that's no longer an issue -- just add that word or acronym to it.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:26:16 AM »
Thanks for info. I changed settings(hope it works) & I'll check into alternate keyboard apps. Any suggestions?  BTW looks like changing settings worked.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:27:48 AM »
I have been a Swiftkey fan, having used it on my Samsung Galaxy S3.  Swype is also popular, this one supports swiping over the keys (flowing or dragging) rather than typing the letters.  I think Swiftkey now has a swype mode in the latest versions.  However, swyping is not my style but some users absolutely love it.

I use a relatively unknown or less popular one called Smart Keyboard Pro.  It has the usual features but also a custom dictionary and autotext (both of which I mentioned in my previous post).  Most keyboard apps also have skins or themes, so you can change how they look (e.g. neon colored keys or high contrast keys, for example). 

You can actually have several keyboard apps installed simultaneously, and then get a "keyboard switcher" app.  I use one called KB Switcher (free), which allows me to switch keyboards at a whim or as it suits me.  So, right in the middle of typing an email, I can switch keyboards on the fly and continue on without skipping a beat.

Edit: I just discovered that the LG keyboard's custom dictionary can be used as autotext also.  While I do like Smart Keyboard Pro's implementation of it, I should mention that the LG keyboard does have the function.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 03:23:13 PM by Klotar »
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless