popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Unable to Search Contacts by Last Name Only (Last Name = Numbers)  (Read 789 times)

Textbook

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
I do store tech support for a coffee company with over 150 stores. I have contacts synced to my Exchange account with the first name Store and the last name their store number. With my old phone (Samsung Galaxy Nexus) I could do a search contacts and just enter the last name, such as 354 and it would bring up Store 354. With the LG G2, if I type in just 354 it will only bring up phone numbers that have 354 in it. Store 354 does not show up in the results. If I type in "Store 354" it shows up. Is the phone seeing "just numbers" in my search query and thinking it doesn't need to search names? Is there any setting I can change to fix this? Thanks.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to Search Contacts by Last Name Only (Last Name = Numbers)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 09:18:37 AM »
I created a new contact named "Store 354" without the quotes, entered a fictional phone number and saved it.  I then did a search, typing only 354 and Store 354 came up.

HOWEVER, I am not on Exchange, AND my contacts are set up as Name and not First Name and Last Name like they are on Exchange (I am on Exchange at work but I do not sync Exchange contacts to the phone.  In my contacts on Exchange, I view them as Full Name but if I click on that Full Name button, it does parse to First Name, Middle Name and Last Name.

Okay, on the G2 contacts, there is a down arrow I can click that expands the name (like on Exchange) and i set up a new contact with first name Store and last name 354 with a fictional number, saved it, and did a search for 354 -- Store 354 came up properly.

So I'm not sure what to suggest, as it seems to be working for me (but as mentioned, I am not on Exchange).  Just to isolate the problem to Exchange contacts, set up a contact on your G2, e.g. Store 999 just to see if the search for 999 works.  Let us know if that works; and if so, let's work on some solutions or work-arounds regarding your Exchange contacts.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless