popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: "You have internet connection"  (Read 1989 times)

willhubbard

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
"You have internet connection"
« on: February 24, 2014, 04:02:50 PM »
anyone ever seen this? it comes up randomly and is really annoying.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: "You have internet connection"
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:48:42 PM »
I have never seen that message.  The closest I can think of is something like "Wi-Fi Connections are available" (going from memory here).  On the small chance that that's it, you can turn that off by opening up Wi-Fi in Settings, then click the Menu key and select "Advanced Wi-Fi", then uncheck Network Notification.  Or possibly it could be one of the ones below that, "Wi-Fi Signal Weak" or "Internet Unavailable".  I have never seen what the message for that last one is, as I've never had it on but it's possible that if the Wi-Fi is disconnected automatically when the "Internet is Unavailable", and that if it it reconnects, maybe you get the "You Have Internet Connection" message?

Since I'm probably off the mark, can you give us more details about when that message might come up?  Is it at home on your home wi-fi network, or when you are out and about, or when passing near coffee shops or malls?

Longshot: have you ever seen the message "Avoided poor network connection"?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 05:53:24 PM by Klotar »
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 01:43:26 AM »
Are you with Sprint? If you are then blame them. I have Sprint & they SUCK! Obviously this is partly my fault for not switching & telling Sprint to take a hike. I get connection messages constantly. NO INTERNET CONNECTION. COULDN'T ESTABLISH SECURE CONNECTION. CONNECTION TO THE SERVER TIMED OUT. And my favorite YOU HAVE LOST CONNECTIVITY BECAUSE YOU LEFT NETWORK WITH DATA ROAMING TURNED OFF. How can I leave network in the middle of reading about how to repair my kitchen chair?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »
From what I am able to gather, you may have something there, mafiaprincess.  This may be caused by carrier-specific applications.  As you may know, all carriers add their own apps to that of stock android.

Here are a few examples from Sprint:

Sprint Android Requirements 4.1-1
Sprint Connections Optimizer 1.4.601
Sprint ID 1.9.22
Sprint Installer
Sprint Worldwide 1.0
Sprint Zone 4.5.31
SprintExtensionProvider (Used by VVM)
Nascar
Scout
Sprint Music Plus
Sprint TV

Not sure about Sprint but for my carrier (Rogers) some apps insist I be on the network and don't like it when I use Wi-Fi with their app.  I have disabled most of those apps.  That said, I am not saying one of these carrier apps/bloatware is responsible, however, it makes troubleshooting a lot harder.

willhubbard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:53 AM »
It comes up randomly, when i'm not connected to wi-fi just out and about. I am a verizon customer.

I have never seen that message.  The closest I can think of is something like "Wi-Fi Connections are available" (going from memory here).  On the small chance that that's it, you can turn that off by opening up Wi-Fi in Settings, then click the Menu key and select "Advanced Wi-Fi", then uncheck Network Notification.  Or possibly it could be one of the ones below that, "Wi-Fi Signal Weak" or "Internet Unavailable".  I have never seen what the message for that last one is, as I've never had it on but it's possible that if the Wi-Fi is disconnected automatically when the "Internet is Unavailable", and that if it it reconnects, maybe you get the "You Have Internet Connection" message?

Since I'm probably off the mark, can you give us more details about when that message might come up?  Is it at home on your home wi-fi network, or when you are out and about, or when passing near coffee shops or malls?

Longshot: have you ever seen the message "Avoided poor network connection"?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:55:44 AM »
Okay, so it's definitely not "Wi-Fi Connections are Available", right?  That's the only one I'm familiar with first-hand.

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2014, 05:57:33 PM »
Are you sure it doesn't say YOU HAVE LOST INTERNET CONNECTION?
No offense but it's kinda funny to me. I can't connect or if I do I don't stay connected long. Unless it's 2 or 3 in the morning. It's supposedly because Sprint is updating towers. Lately I've started getting a lot of roaming messages on top of the other junk. So today I decided to call Sprint. The guy I talked to said the roaming was because of tower updates which I knew was happening. I just didn't realize how close it was. One of the towers my phone uses that they've been working on is about a half mile from here. According to guy I talked to when network is unavailable & roaming starts Sprint has agreement for phone to go to nearest VERIZON tower. Maybe this has something to do with your message. All those Sprint customers all over the country going over to Verizon.