popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Sounds Changes After Update  (Read 845 times)

chazad3

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Sounds Changes After Update
« on: March 16, 2014, 05:12:42 PM »
I have my phone on the default Particle Swipe Screen Effect, and I noticed with this most recent update that the lock and unlock sounds have changed.  I liked the old sounds and do not like the new ones.  I had no issues with my phone, but didn't want to keep getting notified of updates and thought I should go ahead and perform the update.  However, I wish now that I hadn't.  Does anyone know of a way to get the old sounds back, or to roll back the update?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Sounds Changes After Update
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:32:03 AM »
I haven't had the Kitkat update yet (guessing that you are either on T-Mo or AT&T), so I haven't experienced the change to the system sounds yet (my carrier has not yet rolled out the update).

If you root, and I am not suggesting you root JUST for the ability to change system sounds, you can change the system sounds by replacing the specific sound files (e.g. unlock sound) with another sound file but named the same.

While it is possible to roll back from 4.4.2 to 4.2.2, doing so also requires root from what I understand (I have not rooted before either), plus a decent amount of technical knowledge to go with it.  It is also my understanding that the 4.4.2 Kitkat update also breaks current rooting methods on the G2 so there is also no way to root other than to do a factory reset back to 4.2.2 and then root and not take the Kitkat update.

As I mentioned above, doing a reset to factory will restore you back to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.  If you go this route, ensure that you have backed up all personal info to your PC or Dropbox etc., as a reset will delete all data.

May I ask if, aside from the new system sounds, is there anything else with the update that compels you to want to roll back?
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless