popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Facebook doesn't like to update  (Read 710 times)

Janis

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Facebook doesn't like to update
« on: March 27, 2014, 07:22:52 AM »
I purchased my LG G2 in December and love this phone.  However, lately Facebook won't update when I pull down the screen to update.  It just spins and says updating.  I can see that I have notifications, but once I click on them, I usually just get a blank screen.  So I exit and turn my phone off and restart which temporarily helps the problem.  If I just exit and do something else, then go back to FB, it's still 'updating'.

I have the phone set for FB to update every 30 minutes.  My carrier is Sprint if that matters.

Can someone help?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook doesn't like to update
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 07:51:31 AM »
I'm not an FB'er, so I won't be of much help; but in googling around I see that it's somewhat common.  First, FB says to ensure that you have the latest version from the Play Store, which I'd imagine you do already.  Secondly, sometimes FB simply has network issues and there apparently isn't much one can do about it.  Uninstalling and reinstalling does not seem to help.

I'd say give it a day or so; if it really is a network issue, it should be fixed -- as many people would be experiencing the same thing.  If the problem persists, you can try clearing the app cache.

Hopefully a FB user can chime in with better advice.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

mafiaprincess

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Facebook doesn't like to update
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 04:55:13 AM »
Answer to your question in is last line. SPRINT. Service sucks. Their excuse is 'updating' network. Sounds good. Right? Not! By the time they're done network will be obsolete & they'll have to start over. Just like anything else. Build a road from point A to point B. By the time you get to B you have to go back to A to upgrade/repair. Sprint is all I've ever had for cell service. Thought about switching but when I checked other carriers their sites were full of people complaining about service. Don't think it makes a whole lot of difference.
I think it's too many users & not enough airspace. Or network. Or whatever you want to call it.