popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Phone Contact Photo  (Read 2065 times)

slinger1937

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Phone Contact Photo
« on: April 10, 2014, 12:46:53 PM »
Hello,

I somehow managed to insert a picture into a phone contact.

But now when I try to insert another photo of a contact, when I select the photo, it is marked "Done" with a tick at the top left, when I press the tick, I get the message  "Unable to save Photo edits".
Any ideas please?

Thanks

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Phone Contact Photo
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:05:11 PM »
I just tried setting up two new contacts and selected photos from the gallery for each.  Then I replaced the photo in the first contact with another photo, in case that's what you meant.

When you click the contact's photo icon, you have two choices: Take Photo, or Select from Gallery.  I chose the Gallery.  After choosing a photo or picture, you are asked to Complete Action Using: and the choices are (for me anyways) Crop Photo, or Crop Picture.  I chose Crop Picture and selected the Only Once button.

After doing the 2 contacts and replacing the photo in the first contact, I decided to try the other choice, Crop Photo.  When I clicked on Done button on the top left, like you described, I also got the same message (Unable to Save Photo Edits).  I played around with it for a few minutes, thinking maybe it only wants to edit real photographs and not pictures (i.e. not taken with a camera) but it made no difference.

So I don't know what the problem is either, but I would suggest using Crop Picture instead, it seems to do the job.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

slinger1937

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 03:26:52 PM »
Klotar,

Thank you for that advice, I am sure that I follow it to the letter but I do not get the option to complete the action?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 04:14:19 PM »
OK, that means that (maybe!) at one time, possibly the first time contacts were being edited, that the prompt did come up but the choice was made to use Crop Photo and then clicked Always.  That's sort of "Android-speak" for "make this the default program".

So what needs to be done is to reset the default preferences so that you are asked which one to use again, so that you can choose Crop Picture instead.

Go to Settings (gear icon) and then scroll down to Apps.  Click your Menu button (three lines in your softkey bar at the bottom).  Select Reset App Preferences.  Read the warning (but feel assured that you will not lose data) and click Reset Apps.  Now when you go to edit your contact pictures, it will ask which editor to use and you can choose Crop Picture.

I just tested this by setting my default to Crop Picture.  Okay I admit it took me 10 minutes to figure it out how to let me choose again, but I was determined!!!  /grin  After I reset my preferences, it let me choose again.

slinger1937

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »
Thanks Klotar,

I have just (Monday 1725) read your suggestion and it seems to be much quicker than the answer that my friend told me to follow, I have been away for the weekend and during that time I was given this option to follow, it worked but seems much more long winded that than your option, either way, I thank you.

Settings> Apps> Force Stop.> Google+> Uninstall update> Go to Playstore> Download New Update>

Thank you again. 

Klotar

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »
The Uninstall Updates and Reinstall probably ended up being better actually, as with "my way", you end up resetting the preferences for all apps and not just for Contacts (and Google+).  I do prefer to never choose to remember my choices (so that way I always have the choice), however, I found one side effect that I didn't anticipate; which was that my disabled apps (carrier bloatware) became enabled again... so I had to go an undo that.  So it's a good thing you did it the way you did.  :)

In any event, it worked out for you and that's what counts.  :)