popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Proximity and gravity sensor issues  (Read 1383 times)

tobiascapin

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Proximity and gravity sensor issues
« on: May 05, 2014, 10:36:56 AM »
Hello,
I have a new LG G2 (2 month life), after the SO update 4.4.2 I saw many issue to gravity and proximity sensors.
These are not continous issues, but happends many times a day that the screen doesn't switch off during a call when I put the phone up to my ear and the automatic brightness doesn't change the screen brightness. Moreover the screen doesn't turn. Sometime they works and after some time on work and the other doesn't.
I also tried to download a sensor test app and when the gravity doen't work this app sensor data hangs to 0 value. After some times sensor restart working and the test app correctly get data.

I tried to do an hard reset and I tried to call BEFORE restore accounts and apps but the screen doesn't turn off as usual... I also remove the screen protector but nothing changes.

Now I really don't know what to do, may I send it to LG assistance (and loose it for at least a month)? Or maybe it can be a software issue that I can recover by myself?

Thank you for any advice.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Proximity and gravity sensor issues
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 03:02:31 PM »
It sounds like you have covered all the bases and tried everything that I would suggest.

By "Hard Reset", do you mean "Reset to Factory"?

If so, and you are willing to try again, my only additional suggestion would be, that BEFORE doing a Reset to Factory, disable the options to backup settings to google servers (Settings, Backup and Reset, UNcheck Back up my data, and also UNcheck Automatic restore).  You do NOT lose your contacts, calendar, emails, etc., but you will lose some preferences, saved wi-fi access points, bluetooth pairings, etc. but nothing that cannot be set back up again in minimal time.  Do back up any pictures, music, videos, etc.

After the reset, test the calls, auto light adjustment, etc. and see if it is working.  If so, you can begin restoring your apps and redoing your preferences.  If not, yes -- I would contact LG, as while your carrier may have only a 30 day return period, LG has a one year device warranty I do believe (may differ by country).

The reason for disabling the automatic backup and restore of data is that if there is a bad setting or corrupted data, then after the reset the bad or corrupted data would be restored again.  That said, I can see you have tried everything in a concise manner already but you didn't mention the backup/restore so that is my only suggestion to try.  Good luck.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless