popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: New to LG G2 and have a problem already  (Read 1558 times)

JAXFL

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
New to LG G2 and have a problem already
« on: May 13, 2014, 07:09:19 AM »
Hi there everyone, I am new to the LG G2 family and am on my second phone and second provider also. First I had the G2 on Sprint and it would not ring at my home no matter what we did. If I went outside it would but not in the house like my old Sprint phones would do over the last 8 years.... Anyway I gave it back within the 14 days and moved on to AT&T and a new G2. Yes it rings at the house and most other places as far as I know.... so here is the problem (ps I love the phone) ...When it does ring it is almost impossible to hear the voice on the other end, they can hear me but I cannot hardly hear them, it is like they are whispering. I have the volume sled to max, bluetooh is off, speaker is on, phone is in hand and against my ear...and it is like they are whispering, if I touch SPEAKER then I can hear fine but not from the regular phone speaker....

Your comments and fixes are needed...Thanks

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: New to LG G2 and have a problem already
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:05 AM »
I would try a couple things, and if to no avail, take it back and exchange (assuming you can reproduce the issue to demonstrate to them).

1) check to see if voice enhancement is enabled.  From the phone dialer, click the Menu button and select Call Settings.  Scroll down to Voice Enhancement and see if it's checked.  If not, check it and try again.  If already checked, try a shutdown and restart and see if the problem persists.  ETA: 2 minutes.

2) try a reset to factory.  To do that, go to Settings (gear icon), Backup and Reset, then Factory Data Reset.  Copy off any personal data, pictures/videos, etc. first, of course.  ETA: 20 mins or so.

3) if that does not work, I would take it back to the store.  They should be able to verify that you can hardly hear anyone and there should be no issue in exchanging.

Let us know how it turns out.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

JAXFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »
Thanks for trying however.. I followed step one...

1) check to see if voice enhancement is enabled.  From the phone dialer, click the Menu button and select Call Settings.  Scroll down to Voice Enhancement and see if it's checked.  If not, check it and try again.  If already checked, try a shutdown and restart and see if the problem persists.  ETA: 2 minutes.

.... upto "Scroll down to Voice Enhancement" there is no ice Enhancement tab. under incoming there is Incoming popup, call reject, decline, privacy keeper, auto answer. There is a Noise Suppression that is to stop background noises.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 02:53:50 PM »
Okay, I guess there are small differences in each of our carrier's OS releases.  On my D803 (I believe you have a D800), Voice Enhancement is in the Ongoing Call section (which has settings for Connection Vibration, TTY Mode, and Voice Enhancement).  Although, perhaps Voice Enhancement is the same as Noise Suppression, as the description I have for Voice Enhancement is "Enhance voice clarity in noisy environments so you can hear more clearly".... which kinda sounds like Noise Suppression, lol.

So that was the hopeful easy fix.  My next suggestion was the factory reset.  Since it is possible that you might have to exchange your device, the factory reset is, as I mentioned, about a 20 minute process that MIGHT solve the issue but if it doesn't, you only lost about 20 minutes of your time.  If it's just as easy to drop by the store as it is to do a reset, then perhaps proceed straight to the exchange.  If you demonstrate to them that you can't hear the caller on the other end, I can't imagine them finding that acceptable by any means.

Good luck.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

JAXFL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:36:36 PM »
I took it to the store and it worked, kind of you could hear it without holding it to your ear. It was not over loud and they played with it but it worked good enough that I could not say I can't hear it, so brought it back home. When someone calls again we will see. Thanks for trying