popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: People cant hear my calls unless on speaker only!  (Read 4798 times)

gonch19

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
People cant hear my calls unless on speaker only!
« on: May 17, 2014, 06:35:13 AM »
Hi,

New to the forum. Have had an LG G2 for about 5 months of a 2 year contract. All of a sudden today I made a call and the person cannot hear me speak except if I put the phone in speaker mode.

My ear isnt hitting mute by mistake - I checked the forum and I saw another user had this problem but it remained unsolved. Can anyone help please?! Beyond a pain having to put the phone on speaker to make calls, not to mention totally impractical.

Thanks. The model is LG-DB02, if that helps.

gonch19

• View Profile
Re: People cant hear my calls unless on speaker only!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 01:20:59 PM »
Can anyone please advise? The issue is unsolved and if anything it's now getting harder to hear people even on speaker with full volume. I am wondering if I made a mistake in getting this phone as these issues shouldn't be occurring after only a few months' use...

gonch19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »
In fact the sound is now not working, full stop.... :-\

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 06:42:16 AM »
Sorry for not replying.  Because these are difficult to diagnose (could be 3rd party or native software, the operating system - Android or LG, or hardware or even a combination thereof), I didn't want to say anything as I hadn't experienced it personally.

First and number one thing to try when there is any mysterious quirk or issue: have you rebooted your phone?  Rebooting, while it should not be necessary on a regular basis, can solve many issues that might not always be easy to explain.  Like a desktop PC, a periodic reboot refreshes memory and cleans out unused cache and temporary files, etc.  To restart your G2, hold down the power button until a popup window comes up, and select "Power Off and Restart"; this will shut down your phone and automatically restart it.

If the reboot solves the issue, great.  If not, let's see if the microphone is physically working.  Do voice commands on Google Search work for you?  Google Translate?  Voice Recorder, Voice Mate?  If these seem to be working, especially after a reboot, we can assume that the microphone hardware at least, is working.

You mention initially that people can't hear you but you also add that you cannot hear others (unless on speakerphone and now not at all).  Does your music/video player work?  Can you watch YouTube videos with sound?  Do you hear ringtones, notifications, system alerts?  If so, the speaker would seem to be working.

If we determine that the microphone and speaker (earpiece and speakerphone speaker) are working, then the issue is likely the "Phone" application.  Assuming that the reboot did not fix the issue, the only choice may be a "Reset To Factory" which is a 20 to 30 minute operation but you need to back up your photos/videos/documents first.  Contacts and Calendar entries, assuming you use Google for your contacts and calendar, need not be backed up.

Let me know first if the reboot solved the issue because there is a lot of typing to describe a factory reset.  It's not that complicated, just a bit of text to type out which would be a bit of a waste if the reboot solved the issue for you.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless