popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: G2 battery life  (Read 4880 times)

RobotGirl

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
G2 battery life
« on: September 08, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »
Does anyone know how the battery life is on the G2?  Will it give you 24 hours?  With that big screen I'm afraid it might blow through batteries pretty fast.

G2Fan

• Go LG or Go Home!
    • View Profile
Re: G2 battery life
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 04:21:35 PM »
Battery life is supposed to be very good.  Saw one review that said 2 full days of moderate use and a full day...close to 24hrs of heavy use.   Apparently the Snapdragon 800 chipset is really good sipping power.

AndroidArthur

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
I'm glad to hear that the battery life is supposed to be good on the G2.  I plan on doing a lot of gaming on mine and it'll be great if I can get a whole day in without recharging.

rackumrack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 12:58:36 AM »
Battery life is comparable to the droid razr maxx line.   I am a moderate user and make it two days on one charge. Been off the charger 15 hours and currently at 56% left... Impressive.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk 4
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 01:16:04 AM by rackumrack »

sperk389

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 01:54:35 PM »
well.... I've had mine for a whole weekend.... done a little gaming as I (was) used to the IPhone games, but used it more for internet and downloading updates checking email, and doing quite a bit on eBay... I was on it nearly a whole day doing bits and bobs and I still had approximately 60-70 % battery. I have just done a few other mods like root it and switched off things like GPS (when not needed) also that NFC and Bluetooth and I still have 68% and its now Monday @ 8pm.... So in conclusion if your wondering if you're nice new G2 is good on battery then I would say YES compared to other devices of a similar spec it is really quite impressive....

Sperk389

jdroid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:49:29 PM »
Mine was done in a day of rigid use, a day and a half max for moderate use, still good over samsung s4 and ip5.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

bad43085

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 12:36:10 PM »
I've had rather unimpressive battery life out of the box. I got my G2 4 days ago and maybe I had unrealistic expectations for this battery from the reviews, but everything I see real users saying leads me to be somewhat frustrated. On some other forums, I gathered some advice (since I switched from Apple and have no experience on Android) and yesterday, my outlook seemed to improve after stopping Carrier IQ and Android System. However, midway through today with moderate use at most, I'm back to the disappointing results. Are there any other suggestions out there? With heavier use on my iPhone 4 and zero changes to the location/GPS settings even after two years, I got better battery life in that than I do now with my G2. I really don't think I need to be turning my smartphone into a dumbphone just so I can get the battery life promised out of this thing. Thanks for the help! I've attached some shots of where I am now with failry minimal use (one phone call, a handful of tests, one check on instagram, no browsing or gaming.)

bad43085

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 12:38:17 PM »
Pics to my previous post.

sperk389

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 05:21:22 PM »
Hi bad43085, sorry to hear that but I can certainly assure you the battery life of our beloved LG G2 (as standard) is SO much better than the Iphone 4 . I had the Iphone 4s which was better than the Iphone 4 and it doesn't even begin to compare with the LG. I personally have mine on a 4g network which as you might be aware takes juice also it is permanently  searching for wifi signals, the only few things I have switched off that supps battery is GPS,NFC etc ..... I even have my email set to update every 15 mins and weather is live. I get about 3-4 full days if not more of usage including internet, Ebay, talking and txting ... im kindof thinking you have some settings that might need a little adjusting :)

sperk389

bad43085

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 11:23:30 AM »
Thanks sperk389. I ended up going back to AT&T and got a new device. It seemed on track for the same performance out of the box. I finally turned off WiFi (in addition to already having email updates set to manual, NFC and GPS turned off out of the box) and ran the battery to empty last night. Leaving the phone off, I charged it back to 100%. I unplugged/turned it back on around 6:30 this morning, and nearly 6 hours later (and about 5 texts in and 5 texts out, with no browsing, no email checks, no updates of twitter, etc, and one update of the weather app on the homepage for a total of 10 minutes of on screen time) it is still at 100%. I plan to leave WiFi off again today and run it empty again before recharging and turning WiFi back on. Hopefully things turn around to the kind of life you're getting.

sperk389

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 02:23:25 PM »
sounds like your on the right road, hope you find a difference with the minor adjustments :)