popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: keyboard  (Read 1064 times)

mafiaprincess

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
keyboard
« on: June 12, 2014, 03:49:05 AM »
Nothing urgent. I don't think. But annoying. If I'm typing something & make a mistake or change my mind when I tap delete key cursor doesn't move. Or deletes one or two characters then stops. Usually if I just tap screen where it stopped  it starts working again but not always.  Sometimes I have to tap in the middle of my sentence or the bar below with predictive words. Then it works fine. I thought maybe I was going too fast. So I  slowed down to one character at a time. Doesn't mater. Still quits. Don't think it's anything in Settings since it's random but I guess it could be.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: keyboard
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 06:25:48 AM »
Hmmm... okay, when was the last time you restarted your phone?  Perhaps it just needs a reboot to refresh things.  While it could be the keyboard app, it could also be something else that is causing some lag that slows down the keyboard or is interfering with the ability to properly edit.

You might also look at alternative keyboards; not just as a possible fix for your issue but also because 3rd party keyboards can add new features, themes, etc. and/or also completely change your way of writing emails/texts.  Swiftkey, a very popular keyboard app, just went free yesterday (check it out in the Play Store).  Myself, I use a lesser known one called Smart Keyboard Pro, as one of the features I wanted that others didn't have was the ability to macro my commonly used phrases.  Anyways, I don't want to get carried away with 3rd party keyboards if you aren't interested.  Let us know if a reboot helps the issue; if not we can look at it further.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

robshr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 06:43:10 PM »
Try all the suggestions mentioned above and if they don't work go into settings then app manager then all apps and try clearing the cache and data I personally use Google keyboard it's small in size for an apk compared to Swype which I used for awhile but also found Swype to be a battery drainer just my personal opinion

mafiaprincess

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:52:50 AM »
I just went into settings. Apps. I have DOWNLOADED APPS. RUNNING APPS. ALL APPS. In ALL APPS I didn't see anything about clear.  There's SORT. IDLE. RESET PREFERENCES.  RESET DEFAULT.

robshr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 01:33:14 PM »
Once you're in all apps scroll down till you see lg keyboard click on it then you'll see there you can clear data