popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Fake or counterfeit LG G2 D802 from ebay  (Read 6082 times)

radek

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Fake or counterfeit LG G2 D802 from ebay
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:35:22 AM »
Hi there,
I received item doesn't match the seller's description. Should be 32GB internal memory but really is 10.62GB (check:Settings>General>Storage>Total space 10.62GB). On back cover on white label is 32GB. The CPU-Z application shows following information about phone hardware: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 2.27GHz MSM 8974, Krait 400, GPU Adreno 330, Board MSM8974, Display KOT49l.D80220f, Screen resolution in pixels 1080x1776, Screen resolutions in dp 360x592, Screen density 480dpi, Total RAM 1853MB
I think i'ts no genuine oryginal LG product or the label on rear cover is only change to 32GB.
1. Anybody know how much size exactly should be internal memory for 16GB model?
2. Anybody know that above technical details are correct for genuine for 16GB product?
The phone come from Hong Kong.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Fake or counterfeit LG G2 D802 from ebay
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 11:21:10 AM »
Hello, I have moved this to the G2 Help Forum.

Is there any indication that your G2 has been rooted?  The reason I ask is that sometimes, if the incorrect ROM is applied to a rooted device, the storage space will format itself as if it was a 16 gb device instead of a 32 gb device.  The extra space is still physically on the device but not available (within the partition) to the OS.

Usually a counterfeit device will have a lower end CPU/GPU, which isn't indicated by CPU-Z.  I just installed CPU-Z and get much the same results as you except where there are carrier differences (I have a D-803).  My storage shows as 24.12 GB though (it's a 32 GB model).  On the D-803, the back cover is not removable but I do know that some models have removable backs, batteries and have SD storage but mine does not.  It might be, as you surmise, a back cover or sticker scam but I am relatively certain that you do not have a counterfeit G2.

Hopefully someone can answer for you that has a 16 gb model and can run CPU-Z (it's a very small app folks, and you can uninstall afterwards) for you or check Storage Total Space for you and post back.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

radek

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 02:10:53 PM »
Hello,
Yes, true-my phone has been rooted. Oryginally hi has version V20D firmware with lots of bugs(ex. skype problem). I upgrade to V20F. When I flash I choose CSE Flash mode-this means that should install fresh copy of firmware and clean up previous one. Hmm...Strange. Not only CPU-Z shows wrong information-also handset info: Settings>General>Storage
What you recommend to restore full memory?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 04:55:11 PM »
Okay, if it is rooted and you are running custom roms, it's beyond my ability to be of help; especially since your model is not a north american or international (D-802) model.

I would recommend re-posting your initial thread on XDA Forums.  Here is a link to the G2 forums:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g2

Good luck!
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless