popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: LG G3 screen brightness and automatic brightness setting  (Read 8157 times)

Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • popularity: 5
    • View Profile
LG G3 screen brightness and automatic brightness setting
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:42:31 PM »
I read a few reviews that mentioned issues with the LG G3's screen brightness.  What I've found is that the automatic brightness setting is particularly aggressive on the G3 making the display appear fairly dim even when the brightness level is turned to 100%.  It seems to ratchet the brightness down a full 50% even in a normal lit room.  The answer?  Turn automatic brightness off. 

The second you unclick the automatic brightness button off POP the screen's brightness shoots through the roof.  Brighter than you'll ever need it in day to day use.  I've set my brightness level at 60% (which is brighter than the screen appears with automatic brightness setting on indoors at 100%!!!) which leaves it at the perfect level to be readable to me in most situations.  If I go outside and want to turn it up a bit I can do that but indoors I find having it too bright to unnecessarily use up the battery.  It actually would be nice if LG offered a way to adjust just how much 'dimming' the automatic brightness setting gave as that would be the best of both worlds.  But bottom line...the LG G3 does not have a brightness issue with its display, it has an automatic brightness setting issue. So I turned it off and now I'm more than happy with the display. :)

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: LG G3 screen brightness and automatic brightness setting
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:30:44 AM »
An alternative for adjusting brightness on the G3 is an app called "Lux" that I carried over from using on the G2.  Not that the G2 really needed it, but there were some complaints (mostly earlier on before KitKat) that the auto-brightness was not working well on the G2.

Here is the description of Lux taken from the Google Play Store along with a link to the application:

Description
The original custom auto brightness solution for Android.

Please note that this is the free version of Lux. For the full version please click the following link. Purchasing the full version supports further development of Lux, and is truly appreciated.
http://market.android.com/details?id=com.vito.lux

"To put it simply, Lux kicks the pants off of Android’s stock brightness manager, and it’s worth every cent." - Lifehacker

"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor, saving you battery power and reducing eye strain if your phone is normally too bright in dark rooms." - HowToGeek

Lux isn't your ordinary brightness app. It intelligently adjusts the brightness of your display based on the environment you're in. If you step into a dimly lit room, Lux will automatically lower the brightness of your display to make it not only comfortable to read, but to also preserve battery power.

Lux is also able to adjust the screen temperature of your display automatically to make it appropriate for night usage. At sunset, you can have Lux automatically warm your display and switch to your Night profile. If you're an astronomer, you can enable astronomer mode to cut out harsh white light. If you have a root enabled phone, you may even be able to apply these enhancements at a low level with Lux's plug-in system.

Perhaps the best thing about Lux is that you can teach it how to behave. If the backlight is too bright or dim for your liking, simply open the provided Dashboard, adjust the brightness slider to the level you desire, then hold the link button. Lux will use this new 'link' as a reference in future.

Give it a go! I want you to test Lux for more than the 15 minute refund period offered by Google. I understand that some devices may not have the best quality light sensor, and that you may need more time to play around with settings. If you find that Lux doesn't suit you after the 15 minutes is up, you can request a refund within a week of purchase via e-mail - no questions asked.

★FEATURES★
■ Stable, custom auto brightness with root plug-in support.
■ [Paid Only] Use your ambient light sensor or camera(s) to read in ambient light.
■ [Limited] Subzero brightness for night viewing.
■ [Paid Only] Select between Auto, Day, Night, Car and Cinema light profiles
■ [Paid Only] Automatic night mode. Change the colour temperature of your display for comfortable night time viewing.
■ Astronomer mode. Adds a red filter to your display to preserve the eyesight of stargazers.
■ [Limited] Power-user settings such as choice of interpolation, filters, and linked sample editing.
■ Add app specific exceptions via sleep mode.
■ [Paid Only] Customisable fade for backlight adjustments.
■ Tasker and Locale support
■ Battery efficient.
■ Backup to SD.
■ No ads or other nuisances.

Note: Please disable other brightness apps before using Lux. The author is not liable for any issues caused when using this app.

Link to the Lite/Free version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vitocassisi.luxlite

Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

havensed

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:47:23 PM »
Lux is an awesome app....helped with hot phone and battery drain..

sent from LGG3 with lollipop

zeevik_k

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 05:38:50 AM »
Looks nice.
Thanks for the advice. :)