popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: Stock Music Player  (Read 2383 times)

paraspolo

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Stock Music Player
« on: October 31, 2013, 03:16:46 PM »

I have the Verizon LG G2. I have a lot of music on the phone and noticed something weird. When I go to "Artists" it lists all of the artists in alphabetical order. Which is normal. But the weird thing is, there are two lists. When I get down to Z, another alphabetical list starts. With artists that aren't in the first list. I don't get it. I am confused. Is there a way to fix this?

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Stock Music Player
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2013, 07:06:59 AM »
I have seen this before.  Do you use any syncing software or wi-fi apps (other than the G2's Wireless Storage) to transfer your music back and forth between your PC and G2?

In my case, I used a wi-fi file transfer app, which worked beautifully, but would somehow mess up the media "indexes" so that everything would show up twice even though the file was only physically there once.

The fix was easy, however it was only temporary because the next time I used that sync application, it would happen again.  I stopped using that app and switched to something else.  I am not naming the app because I don't want to bash the author and he did provide immediate support but could not duplicate the issue and advised me that no one else had reported the issue.

Anyways, the fix was to go to the Music or Video player's app settings and clear the cache/content.  The indexes would rebuild the next time you used the player.  Options -> General -> Apps.  Slide over to the ALL page, find Music (if that's the one you are using), and Clear Cache and Clear Data.

The cause and fix may not apply to you, but little harm is done by clearing the Cache and Data of the player.  I may have had an issue after clearing with some 3rd party apps that I had to re-point back to their notification tones but I didn't have many of those -- keep that in mind before clearing Cache/Data.  I just meant that no permanent harm is done (no music/video files are deleted).

Good luck and let us know if the problem persists.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

paraspolo

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2013, 09:52:51 AM »
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate the suggestions. Unfortunately, this didn't help. I might just either use Play Music or download a 3rd party app. I like RocketPlayer which I had on my MAXX HD

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 04:10:36 PM »
Just thought of something: are your music files in [two] different directories?  Or, do some of the songs/artists have leading spaces or special characters?  Do the artists in the second list at least correspond to music on your device (i.e. is it funky sorting or is it phantom music)?

Are the tags on the songs (assuming mp3's) correct?
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless