popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: How Too Root Your G2  (Read 5218 times)

sperk389

How Too Root Your G2
« on: November 04, 2013, 12:47:03 PM »
please see below for 'How Too' Root your G2

Code: [Select]
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/513464/20131013/lg-g2-root-android422-jellybean-howto-guide.htm
***tested and working on mine***  (04/11/13 19.20)

sperk389
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:24:59 PM by sperk389 »

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: How Too Root Your G2
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 02:28:30 PM »
Sounds good.  Have been on the fence myself regarding rooting.  But I've never seen a requirement to have the device unlocked before in any other rooting guides I have seen.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

sperk389

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 02:38:08 PM »
Then to be brutal Klotar, I would suggest you DONT root your devise as it is for development/moding purposes only and if your a normal standard user you will never really need to do it and you will experience the LG G2 in all its original glory :)

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 03:13:48 PM »
That makes sense. 

While personally, I don't plan to use modded roms, play/tinker with intricate settings that can brick a device with one bad move -- BUT, I do want (when I decide to take that plunge) to at least root/SU so that I can use some of those "must have root!" apps; such as Greenify, Titanium Backup, and Auto-Hide Keys.

I just meant though, that I have read several rooting guides but this was the first one I have seen that seemed to require that the device be unlocked from your carrier.  Unlocking is a couple dollars so no biggie but that's what I meant.

My first cell was a walkie-talkie brick in ~1999, and got my first smartphone in 2006 but my first Android device was last year -- so yep, relatively new to Android.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless

sperk389

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 03:33:56 PM »
lol ... nice ..... then to be fair an ape could follow the instructions I have provided, and as I have done it I can speak from experience .... it totally does work and roots your Android based LG G2... I feel you might enjoy the fact that your handset is rooted, you will have access to Titanium etc ... Before you do it please let me make you aware of ONE thing ... Back up your phone before you do it , just incase ..... Then please ..... ENJOY !!

jdroid

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 10:21:19 PM »
I want to remove some LG apps that i dont need, by rooting my phone, will i be able to do this? And what's with the titanium back up over other backing apps, is it really the best over the rest and lastly, can i return to stock ROM when i rooted my phone? I am not a developer so rooting is not my forte, just want to make room for useful apps i will benefit the most, thanks.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

sperk389

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 04:15:56 PM »
Hi jdroid... when you root your phone it gives you access to remove things you couldn't do before, but be warned if your new to this you could end up removing the wrong app or data which wouldn't be good. I suggest you 'Google' rooting your devise, a little know how would benefit you greatly. Too be fair I removed the stupid google+ from mine and other little things and it still works perfectly.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 04:18:35 PM by sperk389 »

jdroid

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 09:24:48 PM »
Thanks sper389, i think of not removing any of this since it does not bother me a lot but i found the neat application wherein i could maximize the view by hiding the menu bar but needs to be rooted. The problem is where i could find how to unroot in case i want to go back to stock rom.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

sperk389

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 05:02:49 PM »
how to UN Root your android devise .... just in case lol

Code: [Select]
http://www.wikihow.com/Unroot-Android

nash211

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 05:55:31 PM »
  I rooted my phone with this procedure, worked great. I have not installed a new rom yet, my old HTC One S, I went through allot of roms before one worked well. I will not attempt it on this phone until I am sure the rom will work for me.