popularity: 1
blackwell387
popularity: 0
dropshotennis
G2Fan G2Fan

* G Forum Polls

• What new rumored feature would you MOST like to see in the LG G5?
  • Dot Accessory slot for added accessories/functions
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot larger battery
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot 4k display
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot improved camera (dual cameras?)
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot moving of buttons to side from back
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot Aluminum/metal body
  • 0 (0%)
  • Dot other
  • 0 (0%)
  • Total Members Voted: 0
  • View Topic

Author Topic: LED notifications  (Read 5462 times)

force70

• popularity: 0
    • View Profile
LED notifications
« on: November 10, 2013, 11:01:24 PM »
Ive been trying to get the front LED to work for sms and hotmail.notifications without any luck.

Ive used both the stock controls and both of the popular. Control apps one.of which.ive used on other devices. So i know it works. Even using go sms built in notification doesnt work?

Anyone know how to enable?

sent from my S4,Note 3 or G2

Klotar

• Global Moderator
  • popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: LED notifications
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
For myself, I found that although the native notification LED's worked, that none of the 3rd party apps nor light flow could control the LED.  I did a Reset to Factory and then light flow worked for me except for Calendar; and email seemed to want to remain green rather than the colour I set it for.

HOWEVER, before going the Reset to Factory route: one question (possibly to prove a theory) -- did you back up your settings to Google Servers and allow it to restore app data and previously installed apps?  I did, when I switched from my Samsung Galaxy S3 to my new LG G2.  But before I did my Reset to Factory, I turned those settings off and set everything up from scratch and installed my apps one by one.

My theory is that restoring app data and previously installed apps will work fine when switching from a G2 to another G2 but possibly not from another device.  It makes no sense that a Reset to Factory would fix my issue with 3rd party LED notification and light flow; so I wanted to take it one step further rather than find out a reset did not fix the issue because somehow the restoring of data was causing a problem.

Note that turning these settings off does not mean you have to redo your contacts or calendar, those still sync'd over after my Reset to Factory.
Klotar -- Supervising Manager,
The Department of Redundancy Department
iPhone 7 | iOS 10.1.0 | Rogers Wireless